2017 Women's Business Center Leadership Conference
It's time to register for the 2017 Women's Business Centers Leadership Conference presented by the Association of Women's Business Centers (AWBC) in collaboration with the DC Women’s Business Center, Maryland Women’s Business Center and Women’s Business Center of Northern Virginia; with training and presentations from U.S. Small Business Administration.
The conference will:
- Focus on leadership, capacity building and sustainability for WBCs
- Expand your network of key advisors and mentors
- Share best practices and lessons learned
- Increase your toolbox of resources to assist your clients
This year’s conference structure will include:
- Preconference training for NEW WBCs and NEW WBC staff on September 11. This session is recommended for staff on board for less than two years.
- Meetings on Capitol Hill for WBC Directors and Executive Directors
On Monday, September 11, there will be optional afternoon sessions:
- Accountability in Action with Master Facilitator Susan Mazza.
Cost: $100 per WBC + $30.00 per attendee for materials Click HERE for more details
- The Trusted Advisor —7 Ways to Be the Best Business Advisor You Can Be with David Madié founder and CEO of GrowthWheel International
Cost: $50 per attendee Click HERE for more details
- International Partnership-Building Session with the U.S. Department of State
FREE Click HERE for more details
Women's Business Centers Leadership Conference Schedule
Monday, September 11, 2017
- New WBC and new WBC staff training 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Accountability in Action Workshop (optional) 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- The Trusted Advisor - 7 Ways to Be the Best Business Advisor You Can Be Workshop (optional) 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- U.S. Department of State Partnership Building Session (optional) 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- AWBC Impact Capacity Building Project session (for grantees) 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
- Conference Officially Begins 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Reception at the Torpedo Factory 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
- Conference 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, September 14, 2017
- Conference 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (for non-Capitol Hill Day attendees)
- Capitol Hill Day 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (for WBC Directors and Executive Directors)
Registration for Conference
All attendees must be registered. Please click the link below and confirm your spot at the conference! There is a conference fee to cover the cost of meals, materials, speakers and facilities. The fee is discounted for current AWBC members. If you need an invoice, please send a request to email@example.com.
- The Early Registration rate for current AWBC members is $395 per person. Starting July 22nd, the rate is $475 per person.
- The rate for non-AWBC members, including SBA attendees, is $495 per person.
Non-AWBC Member Registration
Location and Hotel Reservation
The Westin Alexandria
400 Courthouse Square
Alexandria, VA 22314
15 Minutes from Reagan-Washington National Airport
Secure your rooms today at the Special Conference Rate of $209 a night. The cut-off date for reservations is August 11, 2017.
Click here to make your room reservation. You can make reservations by phone by calling 866-837-4210.
- Where: The Westin Alexandria, Virginia
- When: September 11-14, 2017
- Accommodations: See location and reservations section.