BEFORE you fundraise (Credits: Montana WBC & WBC Salt Lake City, Utah)
Top 10 Things You Need To Do BEFORE You Start Fundraising For Your Center
1. Get a Google Business Page
• Update photos and information each month for better Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
2. Get an Awesome Advisory Board
• Who are your champions? Include influencers.
• Who does a great job on social media and has a great network?
3. Strategic Partnerships
• Team up with another business or economic partner to connect with a new market
• Teach Trainings: Prospera/MT WBC, members teach trainings giving that company access to
new clients. Leverage what you can do for the businesses that support you.
4. Connect more with your elected officials
• Ask for an introduction and meet with your legislators and tell them what you are doing
• Go to commission/legislative meetings
5. Market your organization
• Be present in your community
• In-kind donations for stickers/decals/signs/shirts/banners/videos
6. Come up with a tagline
• If the name of your WBC doesn’t tell people what you do, then you need one!
• SLC WBC: Helps Women Build Confidence, Create New Opportunities and Experience Success
7. Teach trainings or host tours
• Become an authority or the go-to on a particular subject and do presentations
• Trainings provide a great way to make program income
8. Nominate yourself and your partners for Awards
• SBA’s Women’s Business Outreach Center
• Each community has awards!
9. Create an event
• Online calendars, Facebook groups, and publications
• Create an event on Facebook and share it with people.
10. Get out there!
• Join a networking or Leads group, church group, bike group, whatever!
• 92% of consumers trust recommendations from other people (Nielsen)
11. Start a Blog on your website or write articles for a local paper
• Gives you great Search Engine Optimization (SEO) on your website
• Gives you a reason to push content out on social media
Next Step: Tell people that you are raising money!
Sorry, there were no replies found.
The forum ‘Women’s Business Centers Only’ is closed to new discussions and replies.